Viewing Multiple Episodes
Episodics: Traditional vs. Like a Feature
Season Data Transfer
Logging In With Your EP Account
Register for SyncOnSet
Creating a Production and Initial Script Breakdown
Revising a Script
Accessing My Productions
Production Homepage Overview
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
Managing Users and Permissions
Working on a Shared Breakdown
Lite Plan for Features
SyncOnSet Best Practices for COVID Compliance
The New and Improved SyncOnSet
Scene Index Overview
Customizing the Scene Index
Managing Script Locations
Adding and Updating Shoot Dates
Scene View Overview
Adding Characters to a Scene
Customizing the Inventory Index
Adding and Deleting Inventory
The New and Improved Inventory
Tracking Assets in Continuity
Characters and Sets
Character Index Overview
Character View Overview
Principal Characters with Multiple Numbers
Adding and Removing Background
Adding and Removing Principal Characters
Linking and Merging Characters
Deleting a Character
Set Index Overview
Set View Overview
Adding and Removing Sets
Changes and Looks
The New and Improved Changes and Looks
Building a Change
Adding and Removing Changes
Editing and Inserting Changes
Bag Tags/Change Labels
Building Looks for HMU
Adding and Removing Looks
Actor Index Overview
Creating Actors and Assigning Actors to Characters
Actor View Overview
The New and Improved Actors
Uploading and Tagging Photos
Sorting and Filtering the Gallery
Printing & Sharing Photos
Wrap, Continuity Book, and Reports
[Mobile] Logging In With Your EP Account
What's New in 5.5.0?
[Mobile] Home Page
[Mobile] App Settings
[Mobile] Multi-Department View
[Mobile] Universal Search
[Mobile] Switching Productions and Multi-Episode View
[Mobile] Adding Notes
The New and Improved Mobile App
Mobile App Overview
[Mobile] Upgrading to SyncOnSet 5.0
[Mobile] Inventory Overview
[Mobile] Character Closets
[Mobile] The New and Improved Inventory
[Mobile] Managing Inventory
[Mobile] Adding and Removing Inventory
Characters + Sets
[Mobile] Character View Overview
[Mobile] Viewing Characters by Scene
[Mobile] Sets Overview
[Mobile] Viewing Sets by Scene
Changes & Looks
[Mobile] Adding and Removing Changes
[Mobile] Building A Change
[Mobile] Adding and Removing Looks
[Mobile] Building Looks for HMU
The New and Improved Changes and Looks for Mobile
Budgeting and Money Tracking
Creating an Amort Episode
Budgeting for Costume
Budgeting for Miscellaneous
Budgeting for Props
Budgeting for Set Dec
Budget and Money Tracking Best Practices
Login Issues on the Mobile App
Login Issues on the Website
Cannot Edit Production
Scenes/Characters Missing After Breakdown
Unable to Sync
Miscellaneous Groups Don’t Match
Bag Tag Printing Skips Labels
Reports Skipping Pages
Editing the Name of a Script Revision
Web Browser is Slow
Creating Assets by Exporting Inventory from SyncOnSet
Creating Assets Manually
Creating Assets with Asset Import
Reconciling Single Transactions as Assets
Reconciling Journal Entries
Bulk Reconciling Transactions
Adding Photos to an Asset
Uploading Documents to an Asset
Choosing the Correct Disposition
Creating Storage Locations and Sub Locations
Running Reports (Asset Pages, CSV, PDF, Asset Disposition Report)
Searching and Filtering Assets
Creating, Editing, and Deleting Characters and Sets
Moving Assets Within AssetHub
Requests and Approvals
Accessing AssetHub on a Mobile Device
Using Barcodes with Assets
AssetHub Best Practices for COVID Compliance
Features and Series
Exporting Asset Reports from SmartAccounting
Exporting Asset Reports from Global Vista
Exporting Asset Reports from PSL
Adding Project Users and Managing Permissions
User Permission Levels
Studios and Divisions
Creating Division Assets
Adding Studio Users and Managing Permissions
Customizing Fields Within Departments
All SyncOnSet Webinars
Introduction to SyncOnSet Continuity Web: Script Breakdown, Revisions, Linking and Deleting Characters
Advanced SyncOnSet: Best Practices & Pro Tips
SyncOnSet for Production Coordinators
SyncOnSet Continuity for Episodic Teams: Block Shooting & Cross-boarding, Characters, Actors, and Inventory
SyncOnSet 5.0 Mobile App: Navigation, Uploading and Tagging Photos
SyncOnSet Continuity Hair & Makeup
SyncOnSet Continuity for Set Dec: Using the Mobile App
Budgeting & Money Tracking for Costumes
Budgeting & Money Tracking for Set Dec
SyncOnSet for Episodics: Season Data Transfer
SyncOnSet for Props: Introduction to Continuity & Budgeting (Web)
Transitioning to SyncOnSet 5.0 Mobile
SyncOnSet for Costumes: Adding Inventory, Changes, and Photos in Continuity Web
SyncOnSet for Students: Intro to Continuity Web
SyncOnSet Continuity Web: Production-Wide Account Basics
All AssetHub Webinars
Introduction to AssetHub 4.0: Demo
AssetHub: Managing Permissions & Adding Team Members
AssetHub: Managing Journal Entries, Returns, Merging, and Bulk Updating
Exporting Inventory from SyncOnSet to AssetHub
Webinars for Costume
Webinars for Hair and Makeup
Webinars for Props
Webinars for Set Dec
[Webinar] Logging In With Your EP Account
[Webinar] Setting Up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) With Your EP Account
Table of Contents
- All Categories
- Budgeting and Money Tracking
- Money Tracking
- Adding and Updating Payments
Adding and Updating Payments
Updated by Hanna Lee
Adding and Updating Payments is only available to the Costume and Set Dec departments.
Once you’ve finished your Budget, you’re ready to start adding and tracking Payments!
To get to the Payments page, use the Product Switcher in the top left hand corner and click Budgeting. From the Budget, click Payments in the top navigation bar.
The Payments page shows you all of your Payments by default.
To create Payments, click into one of the four Payment types:
- Purchase Order: A document sent from a purchaser to a vendor that authorizes a purchase.
- P-Card: Short for Purchasing Card. A card or account number that employees can use to make purchases or payments on behalf of their employer.
- Check Request: Forms that are used to request payment when an invoice is not available or was not provided.
- Petty Cash: A small amount of cash used to pay small expenses without writing a check.
For this article, we’ll use a P-card.
- Click Create P-Card Envelope.
- In the Create Payment form, enter all of the Payment information.
- If you want to add more lines to this envelope, click Add New Line.
- Click Save. You can always click on the envelope at a later time to add more payments.
Adding Tax and Shipping Costs
You can add tax or shipping costs separately from the item cost.
- Click the Dollar icon next to the cost.
- Add tax in the Tax area:
- Enter the tax rate in the area on the left and have the system automatically calculate the total tax (example: if the tax rate is 9.5% enter .095) or
- Enter the total tax paid on the item on the right.
- Enter the shipping cost in the Shipping area.
- Click Done.
- The total cost of the item now includes the tax and/or shipping costs.
Payments can be edited, deleted, or marked as “returned” from the Payments page of Money Tracking. Payments can also be designated as Assets if you wish to track your production's Assets.
To edit a Payment, go to the Payments Index:
- Use the Magnifying Glass icon in the table header to quickly search for a specific Payment.
- Click anywhere on the Payment line you would like to update.
- Make your changes.
- Click the green Checkmark button to save.
- To delete a Payment, click the red Trash Can button.
Payments can also be edited from an Edit form:
- Click a blue link in the Payment # column.
- Make updates and/or click Add New Line to add a new line to an existing Payment.
- Click Save.
Check out Managing Returns to learn how to mark your Payments as returns.
Filtering and Sorting Payments
Filter and sort Payments to refine your view.
Filter by any column on the Payment Index - or filter by multiple columns. When filtering Payments, the running total at the top of the page will reflect your filter(s).
- Click Payments in the top navigation bar.
- Click the Magnifying Glass icon in the table header to open search fields.
- Use the search fields to refine your Payments. Filters update in real time.
Sort Payments by column by clicking on a column header.
Related Article: Managing Returns