Viewing Multiple Episodes
Episodics: Traditional vs. Like a Feature
Season Data Transfer
The New and Improved Crew Tools
Register for SyncOnSet
Creating a Production and Initial Script Breakdown
Production Homepage Overview
Accessing My Productions
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Managing Users and Permissions
Revising a Script
Crew Tools Best Practices for COVID Compliance
Lite Plan for Features
Scene Index Overview
Customizing the Scene Index
Adding and Updating Shoot Dates
Scene View Overview
Adding Characters to a Scene
Customizing the Inventory Index
Adding and Deleting Inventory
The New and Improved Inventory
Tracking Assets in Continuity
Characters and Sets
Character Index Overview
Character View Overview
Principal Characters with Multiple Numbers
Adding and Removing Background
Adding and Removing Principal Characters
Linking and Merging Characters
Deleting a Character
Set Index Overview
Set View Overview
Adding and Removing Sets
Changes and Looks
The New and Improved Changes and Looks
Building a Change
Adding and Removing Changes
Editing and Inserting Changes
Bag Tags/Change Labels
Building Looks for HMU
Adding and Removing Looks
Actor Index Overview
Creating Actors and Assigning Actors to Characters
Actor View Overview
The New and Improved Actors
Uploading and Tagging Photos
Sorting and Filtering the Gallery
Printing & Sharing Photos
Wrap, Continuity Book, and Reports
What's New in 5.3.0?
[Mobile] App Settings
[Mobile] Multi-Department View
[Mobile] Universal Search
[Mobile] Switching Productions and Multi-Episode View
[Mobile] Adding Notes
The New and Improved Mobile App
Mobile App Overview
[Mobile] Upgrading to SyncOnSet 5.0
[Mobile] Inventory Overview
[Mobile] Character Closets
[Mobile] The New and Improved Inventory
[Mobile] Managing Inventory
[Mobile] Adding and Removing Inventory
Characters + Sets
[Mobile] Character View Overview
[Mobile] Viewing Characters by Scene
[Mobile] Sets Overview
[Mobile] Viewing Sets by Scene
Changes & Looks
[Mobile] Adding and Removing Changes
[Mobile] Building A Change
[Mobile] Adding and Removing Looks
[Mobile] Building Looks for HMU
The New and Improved Changes and Looks for Mobile
Budgeting and Money Tracking
Creating an Amort Episode
Budgeting for Costume
Budgeting for Miscellaneous
Budgeting for Props
Budgeting for Set Dec
Budget and Money Tracking Best Practices
Scenes/Characters Missing After Breakdown
Unable to Sync
Bag Tag Printing Skips Labels
Login Issues on the Mobile App
Cannot Edit Production
Miscellaneous Groups Don’t Match
Login Issues on the Website
Reports Skipping Pages
Editing the Name of a Script Revision
Web Browser is Slow
Creating Assets by Exporting Inventory from SyncOnSet Crew Tools
Creating Assets Manually
Reconciling Single Transactions as Assets
Reconciling Journal Entries
Bulk Reconciling Transactions
Adding Photos to an Asset
Uploading Documents to an Asset
Choosing the Correct Disposition
Creating Storage Locations and Sub Locations
Franchises and Series
Exporting Asset Reports from SmartAccounting
Exporting Asset Reports from Global Vista
Exporting Asset Reports from PSL
Adding Project Users and Managing Permissions
User Permission Levels
Studios and Divisions
3/24/20 Release Notes
3/16/20 Release Notes
8/30/2019 Release Notes
Summer 2019 Release Notes
6/24/19 Release Notes
5/8/19 Release Notes
What's New in Asset Hub 4.0?
Minimum System Requirements
All Crew Tools Webinars
Crew Tools for Production Coordinators
Introduction to Crew Tools Continuity Web: Script Breakdown, Revisions, Linking and Deleting Characters
Advanced Crew Tools: Best Practices & Pro Tips
Crew Tools Continuity for Episodic Teams: Block Shooting & Cross-boarding, Characters, Actors, and Inventory
SyncOnSet 5.0 Mobile App: Navigation, Uploading and Tagging Photos
Crew Tools Continuity Hair & Makeup
Crew Tools Continuity for Set Dec: Using the Mobile App
Budgeting & Money Tracking for Costumes
Budgeting & Money Tracking for Set Dec
Crew Tools for Episodics: Season Data Transfer
Crew Tools for Props: Introduction to Continuity & Budgeting (Web)
Transitioning to SyncOnSet 5.0 Mobile
Crew Tools for Costumes: Adding Inventory, Changes, and Photos in Continuity Web
Crew Tools for Students: Intro to Continuity Web
All Asset Hub Webinars
Introduction to Asset Hub 4.0: Demo
Asset Hub: Managing Permissions & Adding Team Members
Asset Hub: Managing Journal Entries, Returns, Merging, and Bulk Updating
Webinars for Costume
Webinars for Hair and Makeup
Webinars for Props
Webinars for Set Dec
Table of Contents
Updated by Jennifer Sneider
The script breakdown automatically creates Characters for your production; however, it only pulls in Characters with speaking lines. This article explains how to add Principal and Background Characters to a Scene.
Adding Characters from the Scene Index
In order to add Characters to a Scene from the Scene Index, they must already exist in the Character Index.
Add Characters to multiple Scenes
- Click Edit All on the right-hand side of the page to open all the fields for editing.
- Click Add/Remove in the Principals column in line with your chosen Scene.
- In the Add & Remove Principals form, select the Character(s) to add from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for additional Scenes and click Save when done.
Add Characters to a single Scene
- Click the Inline Ellipsis for the Scene you want to edit.
- Select Edit in the Inline Options menu.
- Click Add/Remove in the Principals column to add Principals.
- In the Add & Remove Principals form, select the Character(s) you want to add from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
- Click Save in line with the Scene.
Adding Characters from a Scene View
Add Existing Principal Characters
- Click Add on the Principals card to add Principal Characters.
- Select Add Existing to add existing Characters to the Scene.
- In the Add Principals form, select the Principal Characters you want to add from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
Add Existing Background Characters
- Click Add on the Background card to add Background Characters.
- Select Add Existing to add existing Background Characters to the Scene.
- Use the Episode Selector on the Add Existing Background form to search for Background from other episodes.
- Click (+) inline with the Background Characters you want to add.
- Click Done.
Create Principal or Background Characters
- Click Add on either the Principals card or the Background card.
- Select Create New to create and add a new Character to the Scene.
- Select Principal or Background from the dropdown in the Create Character form. Enter the Character Name (other fields can be added any time).
- To save the Character:
- Click Save to create and add one Character to the Scene.
- Click (+) to create and add another new Character to the Scene.